BESPOKE MENTORING works to:
- Safeguard the welfare of the children and adults we work with by protecting them from physical, sexual and emotional harm.
- Support the creation of an environment where young people and adults are listened to and are encouraged to talk about themselves, their lives, and any concerns they may have.
BESPOKE MENTORING STAFF will seek to safeguard children, young people and adults by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them.
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made.
- Sharing generic information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and
- Sharing information about specific concerns with agencies who need to know and involving parents
and children appropriately.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and open communication.
BESPOKE MENTORING STAFF recognise that children, young people and adults may suffer abuse in different ways:
Physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse and neglect.
Any purposeful acts of violence.
The exploitation of authority or power to involve a child in sexual gratification.
Emotional ill-treatment or rejection affecting emotional or behavioural development. Failure to provide a child with basic needs including access to adequate food, health care education or supervision.
Staff and volunteers will be on guard to spot the signs and symptoms of abuse that can include:
- Physical signs such as changes in appearance, injuries and marks, and
- Changes to a child’s behaviour.
BESPOKE MENTORING STAFF will respond to suspicions or allegations of abuse by:
Following any low risk disclosure or initial concern of abuse:
- Staff/volunteers will offer support and guidance to the young person and ensure their current safety.
- Staff/volunteers will record incidents and make the management committee aware of any potential for concern.
- If unsure about the level of risk or appropriate support, OUR safeguarding lead, CHRIS POWELL will seek advice from the linked School or agency or if it is a direct booking via a parent, will call the Gloucestershire County Council’s safeguarding helpline Mon-Fri 9am-10pm on 07414931730 or contact the Out of hours contact; Emergency Duty Care Team Tel: 01452 426565
- Or if appropriate staff will contact 999 emergency services for an immediate response.
Our staff take their roles as protectors of children and adults very seriously. We keep informed of our expectations by referencing the most up to date KCSIE. All staff are familiar with this document and are kept up to date with any changes.
OUR INDIVIDUAL RISK ASSESSMENTS FOR EACH CUSTOMER ALSO INCLUDE REFERENCE TO SAFEGUARDING PROCEDURES SO THEY CAN BE PERSONALISED TO THE CUSTOMER AND THE SCHOOL/AGENCY’S OWN SAFEGUARDING POLICIES.
BESPOKE MENTORING will maintain records and respect confidentiality:
- Staff or volunteers will inform the management board of any issues for concern and pass them a written record of any incidents or disclosures, to be kept securely by the management board, unless due to the nature of the incident it is not appropriate to involve certain staff/volunteers or members of the management board.
BESPOKE MENTORING acknowledges that the welfare of the individual is paramount:
- Privacy and confidentiality will be respected where possible but if doing this leaves a child at risk of harm, then the child’s safety will always come first.
To be reviewed against outcomes SEPT 2023 – Chris Powell – Safeguarding Lead for ANDY LEWIS MBE - BESPOKE MENTORING LIMITED